[Answer ID: 14173]
Accessing LinkTheater PC software from LinkTheater
Created 06/01/2012 12:46 | Updated 06/12/2012 10:55
There can be a number of causes for this.
Check the following:
- Check Computer - Check that computer is on and is not in sleep mode.
- Check the path settings for media content - Confirm that media content has been placed in the correct folders assigned in the preferences of the LinkTheater PC software.
- Check computer connection on the Home network - Ensure that the computer is physically connected to Home network (or wirelessly connected). If Home network includes a shared internet connection, check computer connection by trying to browse to the internet.
- Check LinkTheater connection on the Home network - Ensure that LinkTheater is connected to the Home network. This can be done by checking if a proper IP Address has been assigned to LinkTheater (IP Address tab of LinkTheater main settings).
- Check that the LinkTheater PC software is running - Check that the LinkTheater PC software is running on the computer. Check for the icon running in the system tray.
- Check network security/firewall software - Some network security or firewall software may prevent the LinkTheater PC software from operating properly. Try disabling the network security/firewall software.
- Verify user is logged into Windows PC - If the computer is running Windows 2000 or Windows XP, make sure user is signed in.
OS / Hardware
Was this answer helpful?
Please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.